Do you observe any kind of leakage or drips in your water purifier? If so, you should consider replacing its membrane or filter. This can be done by carrying out proper maintenance by contacting Aquaguard service Delhi with the help of a technician.
However, this article will explain how often you should change your water filter and signs. Some of the below-mentioned signs will make you aware of changing your water filter.
A filter in the water purifier acts as a great defense mechanism. It is one of the most vital units of your water purifier that serves you with a great purpose. From this filter itself, most harmful contaminants or sediments are separated, offering you pure drinking water. This is why it becomes important to maintain and replace these filters from your water purifier regularly. But how will you come to know when to change these filters? Well, some of the below-mentioned signs will help you out. Once you notice these signs occurring, it’s the best time to replace or carry out the maintenance of the filter. This will rectify your water purifier allowing you clean and pure drinking water.
Why Should You Change The Water Filter?
As mentioned above, filters play an essential role in your water purifier system. These filters help eradicate tap water impurities like zinc, copper, chlorine, cadmium, mercury, and various other heavy metals. These impurities might affect your health badly. You can replace the filter with the help of an Aquaguard service Delhi. Timely maintenance of this filter will ensure its efficient and effective functioning.
Which Signs Indicate To Change Your Water Filter?
Let’s have a glance at how often you should change your water filter and signs. 11 signs that indicate to change your water filter are given below:
- Water starts filtering slowly – If your filter is blocked with impurities, the water flow rate will decrease. It will consume enough time to fill your glass of water. This is a clear indication that you need to either replace or clean the filter
- Bad odor – Incorporation of chlorine or sulfur content in your drinking water gives a bad smell. If this smell remains for a longer period, it is a sign that you should replace the filter
- Growth of black mold – Black mold is a fungus that affects our health. It is responsible for causing many health problems. Even if you clean the filter, the spores of the black mold might still be present. In this case, you will have to consider replacing the filter
- The water feels slippery – If you just rub the water between your fingers, you feel a slippery texture. This is because the water contains high concentrations of sodium and potassium ions. If you feel the water is slippery even after filtering, then you need to replace the filter
- Heavy water usage than the average household – If you use gallons of water than the average household, then it becomes necessary to replace the filter frequently
- Gives your water a metallic taste – Hard water or tap water contains minerals like calcium and magnesium. When you taste the water, it gives that metallic taste and smell. This water is harmful to your health, and it indicates that you should replace your filter
- The water pressure is decreased – If your filter is clogged, then the flowing water pressure is decreased than the normal pressure. It is a sign that you should consider replacing the filter
- Measure TDS level in your water – By measuring the TDS level of your filtered water, you can decide whether you should consider replacing the filter or not. If the filter is filtering 80% or above TDS, there is no need to replace the filter. But, if the filter removes TDS only less than 80%, then this indicates that you should replace the filter
- Water purifier with built-in indicator – A water purifier with a built-in indicator tells you when to replace the filter. This makes your task quite easy
- Destroyed water filter – Filters wear out with their normal use, switching on the water purifier during flushing. Sometimes, the filter gets destroyed due to aggressive cleaning or during the installation process. Passing hot water through the filter or leaving the filter to freeze damages the filter. In this case, it is important to replace the filter
- Use of filter beyond its expiry date – If you still use the filter beyond its expiry date or its shelf life, then the filter is more prone to toxic impurities and high concentrations of TDS and TSS. But anyways, your filter will wear out before its expiry date.
How Often Should You Change Your Water Filter?
Timely maintenance and replacement of water filters are essential. If you observe the above signs, you should consider replacing your filter. The water filter should be replaced after every 3-4 months. This will help you in providing clean, pure, and non-contaminated water.
So, following the above signs will guide you in cleaning and replacing the water filter. Also, make sure to replace the water filter regularly. This will block any harmful impurities entering and provide you with clear and uncontaminated drinking water.